Monday, June 18, 2018

Week 100: June 18, 2018. Carol and Daniela are baptized. Testimony as mission comes to a close.The


So this week was incredible! We had an incredible week visiting many investigadores to help prepare them for baptism. We also were able to go down to Girardot and Ibague, two of my old areas for a training.  I was able to see Elder Buhrley and some of my other friends. It was awesome and I am so grateful for these friends that have made me a better missionary. We also witnessed the baptism of Carol and Daniela who were SO PREPARED to be baptized. After the baptism they gave some of the best testimonies I've ever heard. They talked about how the Book of Mormon gives them peace as they read it, answers their questions, and helps them learn about the Gospel of Christ. They said they knew this was the true church, that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God and that by being baptized, they had become clean from sin. My jaw literally dropped for a solid 2 minutes as Ifelt the Spirit work through them and testify of these truths. They were so excited and so ready to be baptized. I am so grateful the Lord showed us to them and that they could make a covenant with him. 

Two other side notes. This week we started to contact using different methods, two of which were pretty sweet. We went to a mall and started showing families how to throw an American football. We were then able to offer them a document about families. Many people were very receptive. 
We also made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches which was very fun to give to our neighbors of our conjunto;  some of them were very excited to try it and others were scared because they believe American food is bad. Either way, we were able to talk to some people about the Gospel of Christ.

As my mission is winding down and I will have to leave Colombia next week, many feelings of joy, gratitude and sadness fill my heart. I love Colombia. Truly I feel that they are my family and that I am Colombian. I love their jokes, their graciousness, their hospitality, their music, their way of speech, their food (mojarra frita y bandeja paisa), their music, the dances / salsa) and many other things. More than anything I love their faith in God and their desire to be with their families. 

I am so grateful to the Lord for allowing me to come to this country and to learn from their examples. I am so grateful to have known such amazing families and people that have placed God above everything else in their life. I love their humility to listen to some gringos trying to share a message. I love them. 

I am so grateful and happy to have been able to dedicate two years of my life to the Colombian people and to the Lord.  I felt the Lord guide me at every moment to share the gospel with someone who needed it.  I have never felt so much joy as to see someone accept that the gospel and to receive the ordinances of salvation. I am so grateful to have been able to talk, teach, and meet so many amazing people and help them receive the restored Gospel. I am so grateful that the Lord has allowed me to work every day preaching the gospel to these people. He has been my guide in every moment. He has blessed me beyond what I could have ever imagined. 

I am very sad to leave this beautiful country, to leave these amazing people, and to no longer be a missionary, to no longer dedicate all my time to the Lord. To say that these two years have been the best moment of my life would be an understatement.

However, I am grateful the Lord was merciful enough to use me and allow me to work with Him in this part of His vineyard.

I know that Christ lives, He is the Redeemer of the World, and He loves us infinitely. He and Our Father in Heaven are watching over us everyday, guiding us to keep their commandments and to have joy.  I know that the Gospel of Christ allows us to become perfect and that by the ordinances we can return to God's presence.  He called Joseph Smith to be a Prophet of God, Russell M Nelson is the prophet called of God today, and the Book of Mormon is the most powerful tool to strengthen our testimony of Christ. 

I invite all to read this book and pray to apply the precepts so that the power of Christ can flow into your lives and make you happier than you have ever felt. 

Yo se que Cristo vive.
con todo el amor en el mundo,

Elder Parson




The baptism of Carol and Daniela.

Elders Sorbonne, Parson, Card and Monson.