Monday, June 5, 2017

E-mail Week 46: June 5, 2017.

So this week went by pretty fast.  To kinda change things up from what I normally write about, I will give a quick rundown of my week.
Tuesday we were preparing one of our investigators for her baptismal date.  It is amazing to see her faith. She doesn't have any money and is barely getting by trying to raise her 3 grandkids because her daughter is in prison. We also were able to teach 7 new investigators this week, one of them being the family Arias who I believe I have talked about. They are awesome and they came to church this week. They have been searching for a church for a while and really are doing their part to find out if the church is true.

We spent Wednesday walking and trying to do daily verification to make sure our investigators are progressing. We were able to teach a sister of the family Avila Garzon who is an awesome family that wants us to pass all the time. The problem with this family is they are way way Catholic but we are trying to get the Ward involved so they can come.

On Thursday, we did a lot of studies and had the interview for Maria Counsuelo who will be getting baptized the next Saturday.

Friday was the District Meeting and we were able to find another family who were way excited to hear our message at first, but after a little bit, the mom left, the daughter was on her phone and the other two were trying to listen to us in a busy street. But hopefully we will be able to pass by and teach them later
Saturday  we were able to find a menos activo of 10 years when we were walking with a member. It was awesome because he wanted to hear the missionaries again and wanted his wife to hear us. So we were able to teach them and they are an awesome family.

Sunday we had 2 people at church and we spent the day talking and teaching members.

Overall this week was awesome.  We have some great investigadores who are progressing and others that after one visit have told us that they don't want anything. But I am very grateful to still be here in Neiva.  The ward has been great and have really been helping our investigators. It has been weird to think that this could be my last week in Neiva.  After spending 6 months in this city, it has really become my second home. I am so grateful to the Lord for having put me here.

I love you guys.  Have a great week. I am sorry there aren't pictures but my computer won't allow it.


Elder Parson