Monday, September 18, 2017

E-mail Week 61: September 18, 2017. Meeting Omar. The Power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Change Lives

Como me les ha ido?

Well I hope all is going well for you.  I am just doing genial aqui en Girardot. The past few days have been a little bit cooler with a lot of rain, but then it gets back up to 100 and me and my comp are sweating buckets. 

But this week was good. We had a fair amount of people with baptismal dates fall through so we have been blessed with the awesome opportunity to contact. And so we contacted, which was awesome and tiring!  It is super amazing to see the people who are ready for the gospel. We found a guy named Omar, who was has been reading the Book of Mormon like crazy. We gave him the book in a contact and then the next day, we came back and he had already read the introduction and the first four chapters. He has a baptismal date for the 28 of Octuvre.  


Also we  found an amazing lady who has been coming to church for the past two weeks. She has  a husband who is a member and her desire is to have her family in peace and to know if the Book of Mormon is true. Talk about real intent!

Well not much this week, but I would like to share an experience real quick. This week when I have been really tired contacting, I have been thinking a lot about the power of this gospel. It is amazing to see that people who really need this gospel and allow the gospel to enter into their lives and blossom, really are so happy and I am so happy.  I want to keep finding people like that because there is nothing better than this in all the world. 

I testify that Christ loves you, and will always help you. 

Have a great week.

Elder Parson

photo 1, friendhsip day so we ate a fish, so good. mojarra frita


Friendship Day so we ate a fish.  So good!  Mojarra frita.

My companion  kissing a dog...a little desperate, still has 9 more months to wait.