Monday, October 2, 2017

E-mail Week 63: October 2, 2017. Alba and Pipe. General Conference. "We are beings of light".My

So this week was awesome! I would like to apologize for not writing last week, i just simply ran out of time.  But como me les va? 

This week was so good, because first we were able to go up to Bogota and have a leadership training. I was feeling a little bit down when I got up there because our week had been tough; but my Mission President is amazing. He talked to us about having the faith for miracles. God is the one who decides if we will have the miracles and the only thing we need to do is to show our faith. This really helped me understand more about the idea of success. I am just going to work as hard as I can, and then let the Lord determine if I will have success.
 
Also we had a busy busy week just trying to catch up on lost time.  We were able to watch all the sessions of General Conference and we witnessed a miracle. We have been trying to work with Alba and Pipe, a referral of a less active and we have been trying to help them come to church for a while so that they can be baptized. They love the church and the Book of Mormon but for various reasons they haven't been able to come to church. But it was so cool to see them Sunday morning all ready for church. And it is super funny.  If you have ever seen "Megamind", imagine his voice and actions of a little kid who tries to talk in English. That's Pipe, and he is such a stud. We are so grateful for this miracle from God.

Also, we have been so blessed to hear the Prophet and the Apostles this week with General Conference. I am so grateful for these inspired leaders who receive revelation to help us change our lives. I loved a quote by Elder Uchtdorf  "We are beings of light". All we can do is bring more light. And that light comes from Christ. We really are just created to reflect the light of God in all things. It is just our absence of following His counsel that diminishes that light. But when that light reflects in our soul and actions, we are continually striving to remember the heavenly home from which we came, which is pure light, God's light.

Love you all, have a great week.

Eder Parson

The picture with the ties in our mouth..... its better not to ask

My comp trying to eat an
Elders Parson, Nielsen, Roque (my companion) and Hoffman.

Elder Parson and former companion Elder Thompson.

Ties in our mouths...better not ask!  Elders Ostler, Sorborre, Jeppson, and Morrison.

My companion trying to eat an ant -- really disgusting!