Monday, October 16, 2017

E-mail Week 65: October 16, 2017. Transfers and new companion.

So this week was a crazy, crazy week. We had to run so many errands and so I am dead right now. But it was a great week. We were able to have intercambios in Melgar and in our area with Chircoral.  And one of my best friends in the mission, is going home, and then we had transfers.  So my comp and I are not companions any more. This was super sad.  I was with him for four months, the longest of all my companions.  I truly feel like I am without my brother right now but I am super happy for the times that we had.  I hope to see him soon.

So this week  I was able to go to Melgar with Elder Urribarri, a missionary from Venezuela.  We got off to kind of a rocky start, but at the end of the cambio, we were able to work out our differences and I am excited to keep working.  It is amazing to see his endurance in a really hard area and with his country and his family in a lot of trouble.  It is awesome to see his faith.

I also got to say goodbye Elder Damiano.  I watched him drive away to Bogota.  He is so awesome.  I learned so much from him:  how to improve my Spanish, how to lead and excite people to complete their goals, and how to be a companion.  I am so grateful to him. 

An interesting experience that happened this week.  We were with a big family this week and I felt prompted to invite them to baptism.  When I invited them to baptism, the room got quiet and one of the ladies that was progressing a lot wouldn't talk to us.  They started to explain excuses and why they didn't need to be baptized.  I then invited them to pray, to know that this gospel is true. I said that we are here to help them get baptized that it is the only thing that will help their lives. And then they decided to stop listening and meeting with us.  That was pretty hard.  But then I was wondering all week if what I did was right.  But I felt peace understanding that I can never control other people or their desires but I can invite them. 

Even though this week has been crazy, crazy difficult and we are basically starting over, nothing is better than serving the Lord. I testify that every effort to share and live this gospel is qualifying us to enter into God's Kingdom.

I love you all, 

Elder Parson

1Eldre Damiano leaving
Matrimonio de some members
melgar, 

i d
Melgar

Matrimonio de some members

Elder Damiano Leaving