Sunday, December 17, 2017

Week 74: December 17, 2017

Hola paisanos, como les va?

So this week has been really different but really good. Probably one of the coolest things is that my comp-convert, Duvan, is right now reading the book of Mormon while I write.  He is in Alma 5.  If all goes well, he will finish it before the end of the transfer.

I have never visited as many people as we visited this week in all my mission. What we have been doing everyday is running around and visiting all the less actives and our investigadores.  We are just reading the Book of Mormon with them to give them the spiritual power that thy need to progress.

Also we saw several miracles this week. When I was serving with Elder Murphy, we visited a family and they presented us to some of their neighbors and they are super ready for the gospel. They have been reading the Book of Mormon separately and together as a family for the past few days and we are really hoping that this week they can come to church. 

Also, here in Chicoral, it is so tiny that everyone knows the missionaries. I love to contact but it is sometimes unexciting when you touch ten doors and they all know you.  But my comp said something amazing he said, well if they already know us, that should make it easier right? That was the right answer. 

Another miracle I witnessed this week was with a less active who we met.  She was so nice and happy but told us that she wouldn't be able to go to church.  I felt sad but then she came anyway.  I was playing the piano and almost started to cry.  

The Lord will always be there to touch the hearts of those who need Him. 

Love you. 
Duvan with Jerky -- part of his Christmas Stocking. 
Elder Parson shared that Duvan has never had a birthday or received a gift. 
Alex had to teach him how to open a present.
Elder Parson's family is thankful they were able to send a "12 Days of Christmas" package
and some Christmas gifts to Duvan.