Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Week 76: January 2, 2018.

Wow, this year has gone by way too fast, but it has been one of the best of my life!  I hope all of you had a grand new year.

So this week went by pretty well.  We had five investigadores come to church which was super cool! The family that we have been working with for the past few weeks, La Familia Diaz Segura, came to church! And they really liked it! I am super excited for them and I am super excited to start helping them prepare for marriage.

This week we kinda struggled to find new investigadores because everyone here already knows the church. But on Christmas eve, we went to the main Catholic church here and handed out "The Family Proclamation" to people and they really liked it. I actually met someone here who has been to the United States and Hawaii so that was interesting. But it has been super fun to try and animate the members here to give us references.  Something really neat is that this entire time that I have been here I have felt the need to talk to a particular member and ask her for a reference.  Finally, I was able to meet with her. She recently gave a reference to the missionaries and they baptized a family of five.  But when we talked to her, she told us that she said a prayer about who she should invite to the gospel but didn't share the first name she received -- but the second.  So now we are trying to help her share the gospel with the first name. And it has been super great. 

This is truly some of the greatest joy in missionary work and in the world; to be able to feel the Spirit guide you to people who need the gospel in their lives. 

I testify that this is the work of God and there is nothing more awesome in all the world.  I hope that in this new year we can become more focused on using the Gospel of Christ to bless the lives of everyone that we come in contact with.

Love you,

Elder Parson

Chicoral at night

Pedro -- an investigador who came to Church.

Area around Chicoral.