Monday, January 8, 2018

Week 77: January 8, 2018. Transfer to Bogota...new companion Elder Sorbonne.

Buenas tardes hermanos y hermanas...

How are y'all doin? This week was a good week! 

But to start it all off, I am with Elder Sorbonne. This Elder is such a stud! He is the first Elder I met in the airport when I left for Colombia and all this time I have been wondering when we will be companions. And it looks like today is the day.  I am so pumped to work my tail off.

This week I was able to go to a leadership conference in Bogota, which was fantastic.  It was awesome to see some of my old friends and learn how we can improve as a mission.  I learned that we as missionaries need to always be committed to find new investigators in whatever way possible. And right now with Elder Sorbonne.  I am so pumped to find a lot of new investigators.

This week with Elder Colindres, we were contacting and trying to find people through many different ways:  visiting members, contacting with the Word of Wisdom and with The Family Proclamation For the World. One of the biggest blessings that I have learned this week is about the principle of agency. We as missionaries need to always be looking for ways to help the children of God use their agency for the best, to choose joy and to choose to follow the plan of God. 

I am so grateful that God has given me my agency so that I can always choose to follow Him and be happy and bring others to Him. That is what we control in our lives--how much we will follow God's Plan. 

I love you all, have a great day!
Elder Parson

My old Companions

My CCM (Missionary Training Center) group.  We are showing the letter "M" for our district name:  "Mosiah".

My old companion:  Elder Colindres.

My new companion, Elder Sorbonne.