Monday, December 12, 2016

E-mail 21: December 5, 2016. 19th Birthday and Carlos' Baptism

First off, I want to thank everyone for the happy birthday wishes. I am sorry I will not be able to answer all of you guys, but really, it means so much to me that you would take time out of your day to write me an email. It honestly helps me out so much. I love you guys with all my heart and thank you for this sweet act of service.

So for my birthday, in Colombia they throw eggs and flour at you for your birthday. I vaguely remembered hearing this but my companion definately remembered. He had prepared eggs and flour and surprised me by throwing them at my head! I will include a picture, but it was a great way to wake me up for the morning!  

 Happy 19th Birthday -- Colombian style!

We had the baptism of Carlos Rodriguez this week and it honestly was one of the coolest moments of my life. His entire family was there from Bogotá and his grandson, who is a returned missionary, was able to baptize him. Once again, once I saw him in the water, my heart swelled with joy and I thought, "This is why I am here, to save families." I am so grateful for the Lord giving me this amazing opportunity to witness this miracle in the lives of others. It was so awesome to hear the members of the family bear their testimonies, all of his children are sealed in the temple, and I was able to witness the power of prayer. His wife was a worker in the temple and in the Stake Relief Society, has been a member for 31 years, and after all this time her prayers are finally answered. GOD ALWAYS ANSWERS PRAYERS!!  I am so grateful to witness this mircale in the lives of others and that my Father in Heaven has given me this opportunity to know this family.

And some crazy things happened last night.  We had emergency transfers and my companion left to be the new assistant. He is so awesome and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to learn from him and serve with him. I have truly made a life long friend and know that he will be a fantsatic assistant. And my new companion is going to be the old assistant and I am way excited to learn from him. It is going to be a great couple of weeks.

I am so excited to be in this great work, but more importantly to help bring people to Christ during this Christmas season.  I know that He is our Savior, that he died for us, and that through Him we can have eternal life.

Baptism of Brother Carlos Rodrequez

I love you guys, have a fantastic week!

Love,


Elder Parson