Monday, December 5, 2016

E-mail 20: November 28, 2016. Lizandro and Tania baptized.

Hello friends and family:

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Just because they don't celebrate Thanksgiving down here doesn't mean that I am not finding many things to be grateful for, all the while eating as much as I can. 

This week was definitely fantastic. We had a difficult time because we didn't have a cellphone this week. I left it in the house of an investigator in a tiny town 30 minutes away from our area. She told us that she would bring it to church the next day, so I didn't think much of it. But then she seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. So it has been kinda difficult here to confirm citas, but everything is going well. The one thing I took away from this experience is that I still have a lot to learn.

We had two baptisms this week, Lizandro and Tania!! It was so awesome to see them enter into the baptismal font knowing that they would be making covenants with the Lord, and the great blessings we can receive when we keep them. I felt the spirit so strong when Lizandro was in the water, knowing that now his family can be together forever. It was so cool to see how happy his family was. They all bore their testimonies, saying ´´Por Fin, Por Fin´´ they were so happy to finally have their dad as a member. He is doing so well;  he received the Priesthood yesterday, was able to give his son the Priesthood, and if all goes well, he will baptize his son this Saturday. I am so grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to teach him. Really I didn't do anything, but watched him progress to make this amazing covenant with the Lord. I am so happy for their family and how they will continue to progress in the gospel, now together, until they can be sealed for time and all eternity. The Lord always works miracles in our lives.

I am a little bit depressed because we only have one progressing investigator this week, but we have Carlos, who is doing awesome, and will be baptized this Saturday, which will complete his family.  I am so pumped for him.  I really want to find someone that can be baptized for Christmas. I was getting kinda upset when we were contacting, because sometimes I will be speaking Spanish, and then the person will say, "No entiendo ingles", which means I don't understand English. I was kinda screaming in my head "I am speaking spanish" but then I realized, really, the problem is me. I still need to work on Spanish, and instead of being angry when someone doesn't understand me, I should be devastated that I cant teach them the amazing, life saving truths of the gospel. 

But enough complaining. I am so grateful for the Lord. I have a fantastic area, fantastic companion, he is such a stud, I am learning everyday from him, and fantastic investigators. I have seen so many miracles in my life, how can I not just shout for joy all the time. 

Thank you for all your prayers.  I hope you have a wonderful week. Thank you for your amazing examples.

With all my heart,

Elder Parson


PS:  the pictures are of the baptism, Silvania and a member who comes with us.​ 

Lizandro's Baptism:  November 26, 2016
Tania's Baptism:  November 26, 2016