Monday, December 12, 2016

E-mail 22: December 12, 2016. The power of fasting is real! New Companion: Elder Callejas from Venezuela



So this week was awesome. The Lord has blessed me so much and I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission.
 
For most of this week, I was in Bogotá during an intercambio with the Zone leaders. They are such studs and it is so awesome to have them has my leaders.

My new companion is Elder Callejas from Venezuela. This is way rare, he is the only missionary from Venezuela in all my mission. He was the assistant  for 8 months and I am so lucky to be serving with him, he is a stud!!!!!!!!!!!

New companion:  Elder Callejas from Venezuela

This week we were able to have a Christmas party with all of the mission. It was way awesome!  I was able to see the members from my district who were in the CCM, they are such studs. I love them so much and it was so cool to see them. 

Elder Parson's CCM (Bogota MTC) District reunited

I just want to focus the little portion on an awesome spiritual experience this week. My companion had the great idea to fast this week as we have a goal of 4 baptisms this transfer and we are trying to complete it. We had a lot of investigators who said they would come to sacrament meeting and two of them did. Their names are Gloria and Edilberto Rodriguez, and they are awesome. The wife actually called my companion and said that she had been reading the Book of Mormon and was loving it. We had kinda dropped them because they weren't progressing. And then at the end of church we realized that another of our investigators had come during all of church and we just hadnt noticed. She is a former investigator but wants to get married and to learn more about the church. Another part-member family came to church that we have never met but they live in our area. And while we were visiting a less active member,  we found out his girlfriend had been coming to church for a month and wanted to investigate the church. We had 5 people at church which which is the most I have ever had. I love food so much, but the power of fasting is real! 

I love you guys so much.  I hope you have a fantastic week and remember the amazing birth of our Savior.

les amo,


Elder Parson