Sunday, January 1, 2017

E-mail 23: December 19, 2016. Esteban's Baptism. Jesus Christ's Atonement in my life.

This week was really good and really hard. Thank you for all the amazing Christmas wishes, I can definitely feel your love here in Colombia.

This week I had the opportunity to baptize a kid named Esteban who is a baptism from the Hermanas in the Ward. It was definitely an awesome experience that he could make this decision at 12 years old to be baptized. I am grateful the Lord has given me this opportunity.

Esteban's Baptism.  Fusagsuga, Colombia.  December 2016.
This week went well, we had a ton of lessons, and I was way excited for Sunday. Right now, we have about 8 investigators that can be baptized in January -- and I am so excited.  But this week one of our golden investigators, Gloria y Edilberto (came to church last week, have been reading the Book of Mormon for a long time, and had a baptismal date for the 31 de Diciembre) told us that they were going on vacation with their son for Christmas and wouldn't return until February. I was way sad but I am glad that they are going to read the Book of Mormon and they still want to be baptized.

When Sunday came around, only two of our investigators came to church. We have been calling this one family everyday for the past week and they have been reading and praying about the Book of Mormon and they told us they were going to church Sunday. But then they didn't come. And the two investigators who were there had to leave to help their kids who were sick so they aren't progressing. And the family that didn't come to church, as it turns out, went to another church and really liked it. So we will see what will happen with them. 

Anyway, all these things built up on Sunday and quite honestly, I was really mad.  I was mad at practically everyone, and I didn't have a desire to do anything.  I was mad at our investigators for not coming, for some members that weren't helping, overall not being as a missionary should.  I knew I had to do something to change. After church we went back to our house to change out of our suits, and I said a prayer.  I asked my Father in Heaven for his help--that through the Atonement of his Son, my brother, Jesus Christ, this anger that I have can leave and can be replaced with joy.  My brother, Jesus Christ, knew that I would experience this anger and had suffered for me so that I can change. And that is exactly what happened. After the prayer all the anger I had left and all that was left was joy.

This is the gift of Christmas, that from Jesus Christ, we can find that all of our hate, anger, and frustrations are all replaced with joy, happiness, and love. 

This Christmas season, may we all find our joy in Christ.

I love you guys so much.  I hope you have a fantastic Christmas, that you can feel of mine and Christ's love. 

Have a wonderful week.

With all my love, 

Elder Parson

This is my christmas tree, muchas gracias a las madres de los misioneros