Sunday, January 1, 2017

E-mail 24: December 27, 2016. New Area: Neiva, Colombia.

First off, Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you had a fantastic day! 

My Christmas went really well.  The Lord helped us have 5 investigators at church, which was awesome. Christmas Eve was good.  We were able to have dinner with the Bishop -- some of the most food I've had in my life.

Christmas Dinner with Fusa Bishop's Family and Companion Elder Callejas from Venezuela 
And then went home early -- we had to be home by 8:00 PM to open a few presents.  Thank you MOM and MISSIONARY MOMS. I thought all was going well and just as we were getting ready for bed, the Zone Leaders called me. They told me that I am going to Neiva, and right now, I am talking to you from Neiva. And it is awesome!!

I was way sad to leave Fusa.  I started crying a little bit when saying goodbye to the members. They will always have a spot in my heart and I can't wait to return one day.  It was such a great area to begin my mission.  The members  are fantastic and I am so grateful for the Lord for giving me this opportunity.

But now on to Neiva.  This is the farthest spot south of the mission.  It was 7 hours in a bus from Bogota.  And it is hot. I am kinda dying right now--it is about 105 with 100 percent humidity.  It also is the only Stake in all of the "hot land" in my mission.  But the people here are awesome.  We've already had two lessons.  I am way excited to start working here with my new companion, Elder Vega from Ecuador.  He is such a stud.  Where he is from in Ecuador, they keep their hair in a braid all their life, so he has a braid and speaks in Quechua.  He has been in the mission for about a year and I am learning a lot from him.

New companion in Neiva -- Elder Vega from Equador
And of course, it was so awesome to talk to my family from SKYPE.  It was so awesome to finally be able to see them after all this time.  I love them so much and can't wait to talk to them again.  It definitely was the fastest 40 minutes of my mission.

I hope every every single one of you had a great Christmas. We had an activity with the ward that went awesome, and it is so awesome to celebrate the birth of Christ--that through Him, we can all find peace on earth and good will to men.

Have a fantastic week,

With love,


Elder Parson