Monday, January 16, 2017

E-mail 27: January 15, 2017. This week went way too fast

Well, this week I completed six months in the mission. And quite honestly, just like the subject of this email, they have gone way too fast. 

I am loving it here in Neiva.

This week I had intercambios with my district leader and also with the assistants. It was a way fun intercambio and we had an awesome day. Unfortuately we didn't have a lot of investigators assisting this week, but we are going to have a baptsim this week. His name is Jose Arley and he has been investigating the church for 5 months. He has had a really hard life and it is so gratifying to see the power of the Atonement in his life. He really wants to be baptized and be given the gift of the Holy Ghost to resist temptaion. I wish I had the same desire that he has when I was baptized.

This week with the Assistants was crazy. I was with Elder Stewart, who actually was born in Layton, but lives in Colorado. He is such a stud and it was an awesome intercambio. Sorry, inteercambio is exchanges. But we were able to witness a miracle. While we were walking to an appointment, we saw two young boys carrying wood and decided to help them.  We took the wood to their house and talked with the mom and we were able to plan an appointment for the next day. The next day we were able to have a lesson and we found that they are a family of 7, the oldest kid is 18 and the youngest 8;  .and they all have their own bibles. We were able to put a baptismal date with the parents and I am so happy for them. They want to find out for themselves if the Book of Mormon is true, which is perfect, because it is!

I am loving the mission life and am sad to see it go. I hope you guys know how much I love you. It is hard not being with my family or my friends everyday, but the work of the Lord is the work of Eternity, of happiness, of joy. And I am so grateful to be a part of it.  Thank you for your prayers.  I hope you all have a great day.

With all my love,

Elder Parson

A few questions my Mom asked me to answer:

1.   The weather actually has been pretty good the past couple of days. Hot but not unbearable.

2.   For P-day, I played soccer again, cut my hair, bought food, and am writing you. I am beginning to love soccer, it is quite fun.

3.  I didn't have anything interesting to eat, but on Sunday we were able to eat an entire chicken, like a turkey, that was way good.

4.  We have a washer in our apartment.

5.  People in Neiva are a lot more open.  This week we had 17 new investigators--it is just really hard to get  people to come to church. But  they are all way nice.

6.  We   always have juice of some kind, mostly mango.

7.  I am working out everyday and trying to eat really healthy, but have gained some weight, I think because we drink a ton of juice with a lot of sugar, or soda, in the houses of the members.


This picture is with a family that are such studs, where, I am ashamed to admit, that I ate 4 pieces of chicken and an entire loaf of bread.