Wednesday, March 22, 2017

E-mail 36: March 22, 2017. New Companion...Elder Montano (from Bolivia)

As you are going to see, I am writing on Wednesday because we have had some changes.  I had transfers and my old companion Elder Thompson left to be District Leader in Fusa, where I was born. I am now training Elder Montaño from Bolivia -- who is awesome! He actually served a mini mission in Bolivia and so he already knows a lot about the mission. I am way excited and kind of nervous to be training.  It involves a big responsibility with a lot of risk.  I am just beginning to realize that I still lack a whole lot to be a better missionary but I have faith the Lord will help me.
New companion, Elder Montano (from Bolivia) and Elder Parson
This week was awesome! First off, my zone leader, Elder Centurion from Argentina, who I was with in Fusa and now in Neiva, is going home.  I had the opportunity to spend his last two days in an intercambio. This guy is such a stud and I am so grateful that I was able to spend 6 months of my mission with him and learn a lot.

Elder Parson and Elder Centurion (from Argentina)
We also had one of the coolest experiences in my life this week! There is a little town about an hour outside of Neiva that had some crazy flood problems.  A ton of people lost their houses and are without water and food.  So we had the opportunity with Mormon hands to go and deliver food and water to the people in need.  It was awesome!  For about 5 hours all we did was haul about 6,000 bags of water.  I know that sounds unreasonable but it was into a storehouse.  We helped make food kits and brought in mattresses. But by far the coolest part was to hand out the food to those in need. We weren't allowed to contact anyone there but we had a ton of people coming up to us and asking who we were and what church we belonged to.  It was so awesome!  We were riding in the back of a police car just tossing out pamphlets to all the people that wanted them.  It was so amazing and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to help these people and I hope that they will begin to feel of the love of God. I felt such a great love for these people.

I am so grateful for the Lord having me serve a mission in Colombia. Lately I have been having a tough time putting my trust in the Lord's timing, but I am beginning to understand this is for us to learn.  If we are obedient to the Lord's commandments and fulfill all of our duties as His children, He will bless us with all the things we want, we just need to place our faith and love in Him.  I am so grateful for the Lord and His hand in my life.

I love you all so much and hope you have a great day.











Elder Parson​