Monday, March 6, 2017

E-mail 34: March 6, 2017

This week was one of the best and hardest weeks of my mission. To start off, we had training with my Presidente this week, who is such a stud. I learn so much from him. He told us that the blessings always come to those who are righteous. Even if we can't see them right now, we are always laying them up in heaven. This week we also had the opportunity to help some members move, Colombian style. This basically means you get a truck, and just throw all the things you can on top of the bed, and then just hope that the truck can move. It was quite a crazy experience and I am sure right now I can move anything. 

Now, onto the reasons this week was hard. We have been finding a fair amount of people this week, but most of them are unwilling to commit to anything more than reading a folleto. We have passed and passed for our investigators, inviting them to church, and they haven't gone. We have talked to a lot of people, and many didn't want anything, or the worst, they want somehting but there isn't a guy in there house so we can'tenter. But, enough complaining. While we were contacting, I was thinking a lot about coming home. Not being trunky, but just what it would mean to take off the plaque. It will be way sad. I am not the best missionary, I lack a lot, but with this plaque I can do 2 incredible things. I can invite others to change their lives and I can promise them blessings in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ. Nothing is better. I am here to help others to come to Christ. While sometimes I don't see the results, Christ as well didn't have everyone in his church. And there is nothing better than seeing the lives of these people change. That is why I am here on a mission.  As long as I serve with all my heart, leaving any type of laziness or disobedience aside, and tryihng my best, I feel like I can say I am completing my calling. I am so grateful for the opportunity to dedicate 2 years of my life to this great calling. And I thank all of you who have led me and helped me to make this decision. 

Well, time for me to go. I love you all so much,

Elder Parson

and once again I have no pictures because.......... Colombian computers.

ciao