Monday, February 27, 2017

E-mail 33: February 27, 2017. Faith During A Massive Rainstorm in Neiva

Wow, everyone, it feels like I was just writing you guys, the mission just is going by way too fast. This email will be pretty short, but it has been a good week. 

Number one, the investigators Jose and Sonia have finally put a date for marriage and they are so ready for baptism. They invited us to their birthday party and it was so cool.  We were able to contact his son as well. 

Also we are still having a good time with the Las Palmas Ward.  I love them so much. I just want to share a quick story.

So this week, right before Sunday, there was a massive rainstorm.  It is hilly here and and some people can't get to church.  We had no investigators at Sacrament Meeting which was really sad.  I was giving them excuses, that in Colombia if it rains, and if it is muddy, it is really difficult to get to church.  I was just thinking about this at church when I saw Hermana Lilliana walk into church. She is a convert of seven years and is eighty years old. She walked to church in the rain, two miles from the chapel, without any excuse. This is the types of faith that I need to have.  That no matter what, the Lord will help us keep His commandments--look at 1 Nephi 17:3:

"And thus we see that the commandments of God must be fulfilled. And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them; wherefore, he did provide means for us while we did sojourn in the wilderness."
So yeah, that is it for the weekly email.  I apologize for the shortness, but I hope all goes well, and that you know how much I love you.

Keep enjoying the cold!

Love,

 Elder Parson