Monday, April 10, 2017

E-mail Week 38: April 10, 2017. Jose and Sonia's Baptism in Neiva

So this week was awesome because Jose y Sonia got baptized!!!!!!!!! It was so awesome that after about 3 months of working with them, they were finally able to take this awesome step. It was such an awesome baptism, we had about 40 people from the ward there and they bought Jose y Sonia a cake and soda. 

Sonia and Jose's Baptism.  April 8, 2017.  Neiva, Colombia
It was really cool after their baptism that they were able to bear their testimonies and they simply said:  "This gospel has brought us peace."  The Church's hashtag this season de pascua, or Easter, is "#PrinceofPeace", which is exactly what we get when we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for this gospel and the joy it brings, especially when we live its precepts. It was amazing to see that this gospel really had changed Jose and Sonia. When I first found them on my second day here in Neiva, they had a lot of problems within their relationship and a lot of debt.  Once they decided to live the gospel and to keep the commandments, their relationship improved, he was able to find a better job and they are a lot happier. I am so grateful for this moment my Heavenly Father has given me. 

Another thing awesome about this week is that we had training with Presidente Baquierzo! This guy is such a stud. I learn so much from him every single conference. I love one thing he said "The reason we stress and talk so much about obedience is because when we are obedient we receive more light, we receive more joy, and we become more like Christ."  I can testify of this.  Although I am not perfectly obedient, when I give my all to be obedient, I receive more knowledge and I receive more joy. 

This week we have also been teaching Danilo, a referral, and he is awesome.  He is already reading 2 Nephi and loves the Book of Mormon. He still doesn't have his answer if he should be baptized so please keep him in your prayers. 

I love you guys with all my heart.  Thank you for your awesome examples and have a wonderful day!

Elder Parson


Elder Cuellar -- Zone Leader

Elder Palma -- Zone Leader


Sunday School Class in Neiva