Monday, April 17, 2017

E-mail Week 39: April 17, 2107. The faith of Luz Estela.

How is everyone doing?  

First off, I would like give a shout out to Jensen Clifford who got his mission call to the  Ukraine. Dude you are going to kill it!  It is the best thing you could possibly do.

So this week has just flown by. We have been having a lot of intercambios and a lot of lessons, which is awesome.  But, we haven't had a lot of opportunities to contact. 

Although we didn't have a lot of investigadores at church, I would like to share one story.  One investigador, Luz Estela, has been coming to church for a month and is way ready to be baptized, but is waiting to get married to her husband, who doesn't want to. She told us that this week, after praying that she could get baptized and praying that her husband will want to get married, that she has had a lot of trials. Her dad came to her house and told her if she gets baptized he will never talk to her again. Her brother tells her that she is crazy going to the Mormon church and her neighbors, as well, have been saying the same thing.  She then said that so far she has loved going to church and when she reads the Book of Mormon, she feels a great peace. I asked her if she was willing to follow going to church and reading even if she couldn't be baptized.  She said of course. Although I was way sad, this made my day.  The Book of Mormon and the gospel have power;  power to change our lives and the faith that we have.

I hope all of you have a great week.  I love you all so much.

Elder Parson

My awesome Zone Leader from Atlanta -- Elder Damiano

My shoes after 9 months in Colombia