Monday, May 15, 2017

E-mail Week 43: May 15, 2017.

Well, this week was obviously the best, because I got to call my beautiful mother and family! It was so awesome to be able to talk to you guys. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

Entonces, this week was pretty interesting.  We have been working pretty hard to get a lot of people married and baptized these past few weeks and this week basically half of them decided to stop listening. That was kinda hard but it is good that now we have the opportunity to find some more people. So this week we have been looking for a lot of people to teach. It was pretty awesome.  One day, a member bought us arepas.  


So we went to eat arepas late at night and we were able to talk to the shop owners and share a quick message. Then a day later, we had a lesson with them and were able to place a baptismal date with him. It was awesome to see how humbly he accepted the date--that it was just a way to change his life. That is our goal on the mission, to find people that are ready now to change and to allow the Gospel of Jesus Christ to influence their lives.

I know this may sound random, but for some reason it just clicked with me about what our mission is. I would often get frustrated when we couldn't find people, when people didn't come to Church and when people didn't get baptized.  I would get really  depressed.  But then I realized that my job is to invite as many people to Christ as possible in this short time of two years. My purpose is to be as persistent as possible to help people change their lives and to live God's commandments in my life. If I am doing this, I am successful. So now, if we have the appointments falling through, or if no one wants to listen to us, I am happy to find the one person who really needs the gospel in their lives. God respects agency, but when we use our agency to follow His plan, that is when He rejoices with us. 

Thank you for your prayers.  I can really feel them lifting me up in my times of need.  I hope you all have a great day and especially the Moms, to remember the important and sacred opportunity that you have to raise your kids. You really are what shapes our lives. Thank you for your amazing examples.

Les amo, que esten bien


Elder Parson