Monday, May 1, 2017

E-mail Week 41: May 1, 2017. Luz Estela's Child, Call to be DL

How is everyone doing?  This week has been a very rewarding week. We were able to see many blessings. But to start off, first an awesome experience.
  
Colombians are very particular about their meat and all the different departments have different meat. And here, they cook the meat in huge ovens, about 8 to 10 feet wide, that look like pizza ovens. These ovens are made out of mud and my companion and I had the opportunity to help make these ovens which was awesome.  And then for the first time, this guy came to church with his wife and family.  It was so cool because he said:  "I have never had much faith and I decided to listen to the missionaries to see if it could really help my family.  And just this morning, after getting ready for church, work started coming in for me."  He is a motorcycle mechanic and so there isn't a whole lot of work and his family needed food.  It is amazing to see that when we put the Lord first, blessings come.

Also, this week we had a really neat experience with Luz Estela's kids.  As we were coming to church yesterday, one of them ran up to me and said, "I want to get baptized now, like in this very moment, now.  And I want to be a missionary."  That was such a sweet, tender experience for me.  Really the gospel will change all behavior and all lives. 

Some new changes.  Yesterday I received the call to be district leader.  I am excited to learn from the amazing experiences that will come from this and am excited to serve the missionaries in my district. 

I hope you guys have a great week and remember how much God loves you.


Love,

Elder Parson