Monday, July 17, 2017

E-mail Week 52: July 17, 2107

Buenas tardes, como vamos?

How is everyone doing?  I hope that you are all doing well.  I am doing fantastic!!!! 

So this week we were able to go on a lot of visits thanks to a convert whose name is Camilo.  It is incredible to see how much the gospel has changed him.  His life before was crazy, he lived in a really dangerous part of Bogota and has had a fair amount of difficulties but now he is devoted to the gospel.  We were able to visit a lot of people and it was so cool to hear him bear his testimony. Also we had a multizone conference in Ibague, an awesome city two hours away.  It was so awesome to see some friends that I have been with and to also hear President Baquerizo and his wife talk to us.  I love them so much. We also gave a training to the Zones about the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have realized that many times I teach a lesson just focusing on faith or repentance without mentioning one of the greatest stories known to man, about God and Jesus Christ appearing to a young boy to answer his question and about Christ revealing more of His word to a young boy, to a darkened world to help us improve more in the Doctrine of Christ and to teach us how we can obtain every answer to our questions. It is truly incredible. I hope to be able  to testify to all of this amazing story that has brought such joy to me and my family.

Also another part of the training was focused on how we obtain the power of Christ in our lives.  He has all power and we can obtain this power.  Hermana Baquerizo told us the first part to obtain this power is to learn about Christ.  It is so true.  I was studying all the topics on Christ in the topical guide (a reference guide for the Book of Mormon and the Bible) and it was amazing how much I learned.  I learned how I can follow his example better and I am so much happier as well.

Well that's all the time I have.  I hope all of you have a great week and remember, Christ loves you!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Parson


Ward Mission Leader

The Girardot Zone

Elder Palma (Ibague Zone Leader) and Elder Ribeiro