Monday, July 3, 2017

E-mail Week 50: July 3, 2017. Felix Sneider's Baptism.

So this week was another great week.  We had the amazing opportunity to go up to Bogota and receive training from our awesome Mission Presidente, Presidente Baquerizo. He has helped me so much in the mission and I was so happy to hear him. He talked a lot about goals, that sometimes we plan to find many investigators or to baptize three people in a month, but then after making those plans we never go back to review them. I realized that I am struggling with this. But we made the effort to always plan for our goals. We have put the goal of 6 baptisms in the next 3 months, which I have never had happen, but when we started to always plan for our goals, about who we needed to work with, or who we needed to find, we were blessed with a baptism!!!!!  It was an amazing opportunity to see the blessings of the Lord in my life. 

Felix Sneider was baptized and he is one of the most prepared persons that I have seen for baptism. He had been coming to church since January but the missionaries didn't visit him until my companion found out that he wasn't a member of the church. He was ready to make some changes  in his life and was so excited for his baptism. We were going to plan it for the next week and we asked him what he thought but he said "No, I am ready now."  And then he got baptized on Saturday.  It was such a neat experience and it all came from his friend inviting him to learn more about the gospel. We can never know when someone is ready, all we have to do is do our part so that they know about the gospel. 

I love you guys so much.  Thank you for your prayers.  This week I definitely felt lifted up by them. Please keep sharing the amazing light of Christ that I know you have to brighten a darkened world.

With a lot of love,

Elder Parson



Felix Sneider Baptism